It is the intent of the AAHA Board of Directors to provide an opportunity for parents and players to express their concerns and receive a timely and appropriate response. In order to ensure a respectful and professional experience, the board insists that players, parents, coaches and board members follow the Grievance procedures as presented. (Printer friendly versions of this information as well as the grievance form can be found below) The procedures are as follows:
1. Cooling off period. There are to be no spontaneous grievance related conversations immediately following a game or practice. Players and parents agree to wait at least 24 hours after a game or practice prior to initiating a conversation with a coach, coordinator or board member. Coaches, coordinator and board members agree to not participate in any conversations where the grievance procedure has not been followed.
2. Grievance form. Prior to any conversations being held between a
parent and a coach, a grievance form must be completed by the parent and placed in the AAHA office at the rink. (Box provided) The AAHA hockey coordinator will be responsible for delivering the form to the coach. This will allow the coach the opportunity to be prepared to
discuss the issue.
3. Parent/Coach Meeting. The coach will contact the parent and arrange a time to meet with the parent and player (if appropriate) in order to resolve the issue. Both parent and coach agree to conduct themselves professionally and respectfully at all times.
4. Coordinator Involvement. In the event the issue is not resolved to the satisfaction of the parent, coach or both, a meeting will be scheduled with the AAHA Hockey Coordinator, the parent(s) and coach in order to resolve the issue.
5. Players Committee. In the event the issue is not resolved, the
coordinator will bring the grievance to the Players Committee. A
meeting may be scheduled at the request of the parent.
6. Board of Directors. In the event the issue is not resolved, the parent may request a meeting with the AAHA Board.
7. In the interest of protecting the family oriented environment of the
Alexandria Area Hockey Association, it is imperative that this policy be followed by all. Failure to follow this policy may incur punitive action by the AAHA Board of Directors.